Tips for a Successful Job Interview in UAEPublished on: 27/Aug/2017
UAE is one of the most important business centers in the world as plenty of companies have their bases here. This means that no matter your job skills, you will find plenty of firms hiring employees on a regular basis. With so many exciting opportunities to avail, you will certainly find that the chances of finding a satisfactory job with a good pay is quite high here in UAE. In order to get the dream job that you have been looking for, you must know how to give a successful job interview so that your prospective employees think that you are perfect for a particular position.
Here are some things that you need to take care of in order make sure that your interview goes successfully and perfectly.
Be thoroughly prepared for your interview
This one is obviously the most important and the most common. You should prepare well in advance about the interview so that you have a higher chance of cracking it. If possible, try to know from various sources about the questions that you may be possibly asked. Learn everything you can about the company, its growth opportunities and requirements and be thoroughly updated about the latest developments in the industry that you are a part of. If you lag behind in speaking the language, it is very important to brush up your language speaking skills by joining a good language training centre that can help you with specific language needs.
Learn about commonly asked questions
There are certain questions that are commonly asked in almost all interviews and you should prepare for them in advance. These questions are listed below.
- Tell me/us something about yourself
- Why are you eager to get this job?
- What are your definitive strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you think we should hire you?
- What are your salary expectations?
When you attend an interview, it is important that you dress conservatively and take good care of your hygiene. This will help you to create a positive first impression in the minds of your prospective employers.
Since UAE is a traditional Islamic country, it has its own set of customary social etiquette which may differ significantly from those in many other parts of the world. Here are some things that you should know about social etiquette when you are going to go for an interview.
- Always be punctual and on time when you are going for an interview. Keep the tone of your conversation friendly but formal.
- Make sure that you know the name and pronunciation of the name of the interviewer. You should also maintain positive eye contact throughout the whole time of the interview.
- Once the interview is over, you may want to finish off with a handshake. However, you should know that the customary handshake may not always be appropriate. A person of opposite sex might not be too keen to shake hands with you, so it is better to wait and let them make the first move.
- If the interviewer offers you tea or coffee, you should always accept it even if you are not all that inclined to do so. It is typically considered rude in traditional Arabic social custom to refuse an offer like that.